Monday 3 October 2011

Carpet or queen excluder????

Finally found the queen i have been looking for for months this morning hooray! It has given me some peace of mind before I shut them down for winter. She is a gorgeous black queen and I mean proper black 100% pure British strain of bee. Attached the mouse guards to all the hives today as well seeing as there is snow forecast. I just can't imagine snow coming as it's so hot now, who knows they have been wrong plenty of times before. Just got a couple of finishing touches before they go into winter now like putting the queen excluder on top of the crown board or I have heard of people putting carpet on top. What do you do with your hives? Maybe the carpet would be a good idea as it would keep them warm. Any suggestions or comments welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment